With the aim of unifying all the articles of the Mnemòsine. Revista Catalana de Museologia, we created the following style guide. We ask you to follow its set of rules set to facilitate the editing of the texts. Only in exceptional and justified cases will the editorial board agree to publish articles that do not respect such indications.
• Language: The articles can be presented either in Catalan, Spanish or English, or in several languages if the author provides them.
• Extension in number of characters: 30,000 (with spaces).
• Font: Arial 12.
• Format: Word or equivalent in open-source software.
• Structure: The article will have one title. Only one level of subtitles can be included in the text. Example:
• Notes: Notes will be placed at the end of the article. The number of notes will not be limited.
• The magazine Mnemòsine adopts the citation rules of the APA style revisited by the University of Girona. These rules can be found on its website:
• Images: JPG or PNG (maximum 1 MB).
• Sound: MP3 (maximum duration of two minutes).
• Video: MP4.
• Each article may include a maximum of 10 image, audio or video files.
• Elements such as tables, graphs or illustrations are to be presented as images (JPG or PNG format).
• You must indicate the exact position of the resources (images, audios, videos) within the text with a reference mark, as well as its corresponding foot (200 characters maximum), or provide a list of the insertions of the resources with indications to their exact position and their corresponding foot in an annex document.
• A recent picture of the author.
• A brief biography of the author with a maximum extension of 5 lines (400 characters with spaces).
• A contact by email and/or profiles on social networks (optional).
• A summary of the article with a maximum length of 10 lines (400 characters with spaces) indicating a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 keywords in two languages, one of which must be English.
Delivery of contents
• All texts and resources that must be included in the articles are to be sent as attachments by email to the address email@example.com.
Authorship, ethical responsibilities, and rights
• All articles must be original and not have been published before, except in exceptional and justified cases.
• The editorial board of the magazine Mnemòsine will edit the articles and may suggest amendments or exclude those that do not conform to these standards or the topics dealt with in the journal or that do not meet the required quality.
• The delivery of work to the Mnemòsine magazine will be considered as an express manifestation of the author of being the exclusive holder of the rights of its intellectual property. Unless the author expressly indicates otherwise, the journal Mnemòsine understands that the author is entitled to provide the images, tables, graphs and other complementary materials that accompany the article.
• The Mnemòsine magazine declines any responsibility for the rights derived from the authorship of the works that are published.
• It is the author's responsibility that the texts comply with the applicable law at the time of publication of the article on copyright.
• With the submission of the work to the journal Mnemòsine, the author accepts its conditions and authorizes the publication of the articles on the web, as well as its reproduction, distribution and public communication in any format.
• Once the article has been accepted for publication in the journal Mnemòsine, the author must submit a letter confirming their authorship.
• The magazine is published under the Creative Commons 4.0 BY-NC license. The author retains the rights (copyright and publication rights) of their texts.
• The personal data provided by the author to the Mnemòsine magazine will not be disclosed without their prior consent.
It is the responsibility of the editorial board of the Mnemòsine magazine:
• To propose the editorial lines of the magazine to the Board of Directors of the AMC, which will approve them.
• To order the elaboration of contents to the authors and to follow up on their work.
• To coordinate and/or carry out the tasks of editing, correcting and publishing the contents. To keep up to the editing calendar.
• To coordinate the tasks assigned to companies that are providing services for the magazine.
• To propose the incorporation of new members to the advisory board of the magazine.